Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Found my dream job....sleep. No pun inteneded

I have had trouble blogging since becoming a full time working mom. But I have to post today because it marks a very special day. July 1st, Canada Day is the first day Livi came up to me in the kitchen, hugged my leg and said " I yuve yoo". I just melted and it was the most wonderful thing. So far she has never said it out loud and only signed it when I asked if she loves me. All her signs have turned into words except "I love you" and "Thank you". Until today.

Here is a picture from Canada Day celebrations at the park


We later went to Nona's house for fire works. This is s a dress that her cousin had on 20 years ago...along with a very disheveled Barbie who HAD to get dressed up for the photo-op. Livi is very particular and very much into having her picture taken. I have NO idea where she gets that :)..he he...

 Below is a very "CHEESE!" moment just heading out the door.



I can write a book on how much I love her and all that she does that sends me over the moon. The top of the list are how she goes from one word to a whole sentence the next day. The expressions she comes up with and what she repeats to make her self understood is priceless. I kicked something while carrying her the other day and she asked me " Toes? hurt?" ....very considerate. At the park today the cannons where going off and she covered my ear for me. wow. She also loves to cuddle at night when she has a night mare and knows and uses the word. So it's just too much when she calls puddles "cuddles". Or more correctly "cuddowls". Her favorite thing ever is putting her sippy-sippy boots (rubber boots for when it's 'slippery') on and splashing in the cuddowls. She loves her daycare, as do I, and have become one of the Board of Directors and am working on some special projects there...like a fashion show for the kids at the winter gala. She is fully toilet trained if at home and not wearing anything on her bum. Right down to making a dash down the hallway, closing the door and chatting to herself on her potty. This little ritual is always followed by the appropriate celebration of the potty's contents and a little dance from my princess. Speaking of which....she is not shy about dancing...as a matter of fact, we were at an outdoor small little concert at the farmers market downtown and they were playing Irish music. I could tell she wanted to dance. So we both went up and did a little reel and jig together. She loved it and so did the audience. My little star....don't know where she gets that EITHER!! ha ha

And yes... I finally landed a permanent position. A sleep clinic...a new one to Regina. I can't even begin to tell you how incredibly happy I am in my new career and how lucky I feel. This company approached me as one of my previous managers works there. My new manager loves me and I adore her, the company is amazing and the opportunity is brilliant with a promising future. I still get to see my docs but am out of the pharmaceutical industry. I am the liaison between the clinic and the medical community, education them on sleep apnea and promoting the clinic. I count my blessings having my dream girl, and my dream job. Every day, every moment with her, is truly a gift. And every day that I grow in my new position is a joy. I remember a blog I wrote about being stuck not knowing about ever having a child and being in a rut in my career. It took a long time, but it feels wonderful to look back and whisper in my ear "it's all going to be OK....actually....it's going to be amazing"


No comments:

Post a Comment