Sunday, May 19, 2013

A bunch of firsts, by Livi

Did you see that commercial where the mom takes away the iPhone from the techy baby surfing in his crib? and then comes back and takes away the iPad too? hilarious. But that's what will happen to me if my mom catches me on her iPad, so I better make this quick. She's been too busy to blog so I gotta do it. She's making me supper right now....steamed veggies and fish. My favorite. Really! well....ice cream is....but that's a close second.
You shoulda been at my first birthday party! I had two cakes! One for me and one for my guests. I had fun digging into my very own first cake. Strawberry with coconut icing. We all went out to a fun kids indoor playground kinda place. Here are some pictures and ones of me and my mom too.






So about the walking thing....I've been on my feet since before Christmas, but someone had to hold my hands, and eventually, I just wanted one hand held. A month before my birthday, I took my first few steps into mom and dad's and grandpa's arms. But it wasnt untill just two weeks ago that I tackled mom on the front lawn and startled her. At the benigging of May we all went to a place called Vancouver so my dad could run a ridiculously long time...I think it's called a marathon....and give me a medal! I was running around the hotel room by then and it was so much fun. I would chase my mom and then she would chase me...and then my dad would come around the corner and I'd run the other way. We had lots of fun in Vancouver. It was my first time on a beach (I LOVED the sand), in the ocean, on a swing, I saw mountains and even touched a snake. It was freaky. Here's some pictures of our trip!

My dad's marathon medal - May 5th


I wanted to go in, but no one let me!

 I love bark. Tress in general. Mom calls me a tree hugger

Stanley Park

View from our balcony

Oh and did I tell you? I'm in Gymnastics! I do really good too. I listen to the teacher and do my best. I walked on the balance beam the very first class!! I still don't crawl, so I can't go under things, but boy I like to motor around with all the other kids. My favorite part is the trampoline. I really really like to bounce. The foam pit is fun too. I like it when all the kids are in the toy corner. I join them and learn to share. I'm not in daycare yet, so I don't see other kids much. Boy... some are nice, and some are yard apes. Right?




I am speding lots of time outside right now. When we get up, I stand by the door like a puppy. Mom says something about breakfast, and shoes, and boring things like that. I mean, I just want to get in the back yard and eat acorns in bare feet. Is that too much to ask? Mom and dad got one of those snazy CX1 Chariots too. Since dad likes to run and mom is getting back at it, I've been in it lots. Went as a trailier for a bike ride too! Sometimes I like to look at all the cool things passing me by and fall asleep....other times I'd rather be sleeping at home, so I let it be known. My mom got me my own swing suspended from the tree, a sand box, a kitchen, we have a hot tub, a boat....I just can't wait for all the fun!

My mom is at home with me still, and keeps telling everyone that she is taking the summer off to have it with me. Yet, I know she struggles with that, worried that "The perfect job" will come up and pass her by during the summer, or that there won't be any good jobs for her to apply for in the fall. I also know that when I'm napping, she surfs and checks out what's going on out there. I try to tell her that the perfect job would not be perfect if she had to take it now. She wanted more time with me and she got it.....she just has to trust that once she's ready, her career will still be there....and better than before. Relax mom! this is what we wanted! Let's play in the yard....my sand box, my swing, my hammock, my kitchen...it's all there. You bring your spritzer and I'll bring my sippy cup. Then we'll trade. Ha Ha.

I like to talk about all kinds of stuff. Everyone seems to understand what I'm saying so I'll just keep it up. My mom goes bisirk when I practice my constanents and say MaMa....not sure why. She keeps tearing up, pointing to herself and saying it back. Is it just me.....or is she a little weird.

I should get going before I get caught. So far, I've been pretending to be playing on the iPad, looking dazed. But she's going to catch on any minute. And I think my brocolli is up. See you all later! Here are my official 1st year photos. My birthday was April 5th. Going to be 14 months soon! where does the time go.



1 comment:

  1. Stella is a MASTER of the iPhone/iPad technology in our house. It's a little scary. Glad to hear they're on the same page. :)

    She is growing up so quickly!! LOVE the first pic of you two!

    ReplyDelete