Tuesday, January 22, 2013

"These shoes were made for walkin' ....."

There are a few reasons why my blogging has been light of late. I have been working on a project for some time....more about that later. My job and home life were never about any kind of routine, so why would raising a baby right? Especially when she had 5 naps a day. But because interacting with her has become more physically demanding, leaving me more tired during the day, I needed to establish a tighter routine so that I can take better and more predictable care of myself....so I can keep giving her my best. That has taken up time, along with getting addicted to watching "House" on my iPad while she naps. I admit it. "House" took over blogging for a while there. As well, Blogger no longer allows me to attach photos from my hard drive....I have to go through an online album which involves some extra steps and it ticked me off so I was discouraged to blog....cuz how can I blog without pictures of Livi?!

I asked Livi what she thinks of being 9 months old. She gave it some thought:
"Ummmmm.......let me think"


"Well..... I love all my shoes.....what can I say. AND, I am really enjoying learning to walk (good use of my shoes), I don't have time to crawl (can't use my shoes) and I love to get out shopping (good time to show off my shoes ...or buy some more) and I like to see my mom being busy (mostly picking up fallen shoes).
"What? Did I hear Macy's has a shoe sale? Check out these pink loafers I am learning to walk in.....just taking a break in the new chair Antie got me for Christmas"

What we can't get enough of at 9 months:

You put your arms up when you want me to pick you up. Then you actually HUG me tight and squeal. (heart busting material)
You have hit separation anxiety right on track. You don't like me out of your sight and hate it when people take you away from me (and some do it on purpose because of old school thinking which irks me). I know it's part of your development and will fade....but I sure love seeing you need me and reach out for me.
Your communication leaves no questions. Your facial and emotional expression is of adult magnitude, and you articulate everything. My favorite is when you are playing on your own, usually with something new, and carry on a conversation with yourself about the object.....with studious curiosity.
You will not crawl at all....I mean xnay on the crawlingsxay....and wont go on all fours either, although I have tried to show you many times why that would be a benefit. You simply stay on your belly or roll over. But boy....I CANNOT get you into your highchair or any place you need to sit very easily. You are SO determined to stand that you plank out and I have to wait for your core to give out so you can fold in half and finally sit down.
Standing is your favorite thing (as already mentioned) but you need to be supported unless leaning up against something. So that has mommy feeling like she is in a work out most of the day!
You learned to put one foot in front of the other on your own just last week! It was amazing to see. You walk like a moon walker at times....raising your knee high in the air.....it is sooooo cute to see you walking...but with someone holding your arms still.....but not much longer!
You have picked up on finger food like the good little half Italian you are. Thanks to the encouragement of your Antie, I got the courage to start giving you cheerios, baby cookies, and your favorite....rice cakes. You chew and swallow like a pro and love everything.....sometimes you make a face and look up at me like "what did you just give me" but take a few more bites just to make sure.



Actually, I can't wait until Livi walks.....she is very curious, restless and very clearly is ready to do her own thing and is frustrated that she can't. This leaves me carrying, holding and spotting a squirmy 19 lb baby all day and we are both ready for her to spread her wings. I am not one to rush her journey but I will be able to give her more when I am not so fatigued. Plus...her clothes will finally be abiding by gravity, and not be scrunched around her chest from being picked up and carried all the time. Seems like a ridiculous point to make, but if you have a little girl....I know you get me.

On the job front.....remember that fiasco in the big city from my last post? I thought that head hunter would never speak to me again.....he called two weeks ago wondering what my time line is to come back to work...saying he's got a few opportunities for me. Apparently, he got over me backing out of the deal pretty fast. Either he's desperate for candidates, or I'm one hot commodity. Ok, something in the middle perhaps. Sticking to my "summer with Livi" plan, I said this fall. Also, a head hunter from Ottawa called me about a job here, and once I turned it down she asked if I would consider working for them as a recruiter....part time.....out of my house. I almost cried. I said yes of course, but she is still working on forming the role and all the parameters, so we'll see where that goes. I applied for a Sales Director's job here in my home town, and was approached by a recruiter about it as well, but I don't know where it will go as they know that I am on maternity leave and that seems to stop recruiters in their tracks. I would consider going back to work early for a job like that.....I think.

I will leave you with very overdue pictures of Livi with Santa, New Years, and her shoe pick of the month.



and here are her faves...

4 comments:

  1. Man, she is growing up SO quickly. I love all the pics!

    That is AWESOME on the job front - I'm glad they're willing to work with you on YOUR schedule and timeline. Whohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one HOT commodity! Don't let anyone tell you otherwise!

    Loved the list of favorite things...I remember each of those stages with F&G. As for crawling, I think that one day, she's just going to decide she's ready (at least that's what happened with G - when she was 9 months, she went from not rolling AT ALL to crawling within a matter of days - it was AMAZING to watch).

    I love Livi's red shoes too! She is always so stylish!

    Glad you are experimenting with new foods with Livi. We've been trying some too. I offered the twins Fig Newtons this past weekend and you would have thought they discovered a candy store...both twins gobbled them down with gusto! The problem is that DH decided he has a new passion for them too -so I will have to buy more later this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is awesome about the job timeline, I wish I had that problem. That pic of you two with Santa is adorable!!! Her smile is the best!! I need to work on my new blog this weekend, thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Post! I love all thse pics! she is adorable and you look so happy!

    ReplyDelete