Thursday, May 17, 2012

6 weeks, According to Livi

I am six weeks old today! They say us babies have a milestone at week 6. We must...because I think I gave Mom a heart attack when I decided to sleep through my midnight feeding. She got quite the 6th week birthday gift from me when she woke up at 3 am and I was still sleeping. I heard her russle around, wondering if the time on the clock is right, and listening for my breathing...which I purposly made quiet just to freak her out. Then I decided to make my usual sounds and let her off the hook. I saw her come over to my bassinett to check on me and noticed how relieved yet perplexed she looked. "What do I do now?" was written all over her face. She went to the kitchen and came back with her breast pump. I don't get those things...I just want to scream...".hey! I'll drink that! what are you doing!" Then I realized that she's saving the left one for me....which I helped myself to at 3:30am, my usual early morning snack. I will have to decide if I keep this longer sleeping thing up....I'll see if mom will take me for that super duper walk again that we had last night...the one where she lowers the bassinett cover so I can see the tops of the trees.

On other news....I think Mom lost it the other day. Dad was watching me....so I slept the whole time...while she left for some reason. When she came back, I didn't even recognize her! What got into her? All her hair was gone...now I have more hair that she does. And what in the world am I going to pull on now? Doesn't she realize she took all the fun out of it? Oh well...she put my favorite Macy's dress on me to make up for it, so I guess it's OK.



I make dad buy Mom her favorite flowers on Mother's Day...tulips. And the card we picked out together made me cry. Boy...dad is sure a softy. I'm not a fan of dark chocolate, but Mom is, and got some from a fancy chocolate place. I have to put up with in my milk, but again....the outfit I wore on Mother's Day made up for it. I stuck my tounge out to show displeasure with the chocolate.


They got that outfit in Vegas when they took me there for New Years. I was only tiny still in Mom's belly. But I did make her go to Macy's for it. I had special powers of pursation even then. Our Mother's Day plans didn't go according to plan. We were all going to go the the fancy hotel in town for their bazillion dollar brunch to celebrate our first Mother's Day. Well, after not sleeping how much I wanted all morning, and all the fuss putting my outfit on, I displayed a little too much unhappiness. All of a sudden, mom is on the phone...someting about cancelling a reservation....my outfit is off and other plans are made. Supposedly, we are going to Mom's favorite Vietnamese restaurant instead and speding the afternoon in the park. I got to wear a sportier outfit this time....my Saskatchewan RoughRider gear. You see, EVERYONE is a fan in this city. On game day, the whole town dresses up. It gets on Mom's nerves....she's not a fan obviously. I am though....here is a picture on the way to the restaurant....finally getting the sleep I wanted.


I slept through their meal in the Vietnamese restaurant....good thing. Mom deserved a break. We had a great time in the park...I even got to eat overlooking the water and the geese. Mom and me slept for three hours when we got home though. That heat and a two hour walk were too much for both of us. 

Mom is working on my Babtism these days....the invitation is ready to go and just has to be printed and mailed off to everyone. My Godmother, Monika, has been working hard to find just the right dress for my special day. She lives far away, so I saw Mom texting and online alot helping her friend make a decision. I sure appreciate all the trouble Monika is going to....I think she went to the same store 5 times. I get a nice sweater and shoes to match too! You'll have to wait to see the pictures of that, but in the meantime, here is a picture of me on the invitation. My doctor gave me this dress!




My favorite toys are a Lamaze toy my Godmother gave me before I was born...the black and white patters on the back entertain me long enough for mom to eat breakfast,


and I LOVE licking the teddy bear on my change table. Sometimes I toss my head from side to side to get the softness all over my face, like this:


I'm still having tummy troubles. They interupt my meals, wake me up from my naps and sleeps, and can keep mom up when I grunt in my sleep. But when she rocks me and kisses my forhead I forget all about it. And it might be getting better. I told mom to stop drinking sparkling water....sheeesh.....she lived on that stuff....and to eat light. I think I'm feeling a bit better...but still have a ways to go to be relaxed all the time. We'll get there.

I have to go ask mom to take me for a tree top walk now so I can try to sleep to 3:30am again. I like this new game. Oh and IVFlygirl...mom says to say "thanks" and that you'll know what for. 


5 comments:

  1. Awww...you look beautiful Olivia and happy belated first Momma's Day to your lovely Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Livi - We are so proud of you! You write like a seasoned professional and you are so sweet to let your Mom get some sleep. We look forward to hearing from you again-and-again. I love all your fancy clothes. G loves to spit up - all in the spirit of having frequent "costume changes" too...it must be a girl thing. Tell your Mom her new haircut looks fab and give her lots of snuggles from me and the Twinks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Livi!!! Such a darling you are...and tell mommy I like the new 'do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Precious <3 Mommy you like great with your new hair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a very cute little miracle you have there and all the hair. She is so adorable, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete